MH Lighting on Ebay

Nikkoli110

Non-member
Hey guys, I currently have the coralife aqualights on my 29 gallon reef. They are the deluxe series with 2-65 watt 50/50 bulbs. I am happy with this, but I would love to keep some more types of corals, and possibly some clams, but I am clueless about MH lighting, and don't really want to spend a ton of money ($300+up) I came across this auction, and there are quite a few people who have purchased them and they left positive feedback, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought of it. I dont want to buy it if its crap. I tried searching the brand name online, and came across floodlights, etc, but no aquarium lighting. Please if let me know whatever you think about it. I would love lighting for that price if its possible!

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...09&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores

Thanks!

400w is a lot of light for a 29g. I would go with a 250w DE or a 175w instead.
When I had my 60g hex I bought a dual PFO 250w HQI for I think $250 used off of Reef Central. I only used 1 of the 250 until I bought a bigger tank.
I'd check for a used setup off of a fellow reefer, and also check out the local LFS stores for a bargain.
I also bought (2) 175w setups when Inland Reef closed for I think $25 each.....

Thanks that second link looked cool...buts its currenly sold out...
Just about the lfs's, I laughed bc when I went there to buy my current lights, they wanted $225. Then I went to another store and they wanted $200. Finally, I checked Ebay where I found them for $150 shipped. Now I know to watch out for stores! haha...I'm just pretty clueless about lighting, I just know I need it and I need it strong! haha....I have researched it but its pretty much a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. I just want something I can keep some high light loving corals and possibly some clams. I might post about buying some used MH's on here and some other sites, but its getting hard with my parents, and my bf! They all think I'm nuts for the price I pay for some of this stuff, esp the lights I already bought. Auuuh...the search goes on.... I'm gonna need a second job soon just to fund this freakin hobby!!! But in the end I guess its all worth it... :eek:

the second link one i think CRA carries but you might give a call to some of our sponsers see what they can do i know some are very hungry just check out the tunze group buy. but you could try a WTB post in equiptment forum first

I was on Reef Central for about 3 months looking for my MH light setup before one came up for sale that I wanted (and I was able to postbefore someone else).
Only reason I mention the LFS is that some of them may know of someone selling a setup
I bought Aquamedic 250w DE pendant setups for my nexttank - $250 for the whole setup, including a DE AB bulb

Wow that seems like a great deal! I know all lfs arent bad, just surprised the heck out of me how much a price difference there was. I understand they have to make money, but thats an awful big price increase! haha.... Oh and I have a question, it might be dumb, but the pendant lights, how many of those do I need to light my tank? I was unsure because I see some fixtures and pendants seem to be of varying sizes, some 11 inches, and I was just wondering what I would need. Thanks!!

Back