MH upgrade opinion

jeffw18

Non-member
I got an older 250w giesemann nova ii with 2 reef brite actinic leds attached. Thinking of upgrading to a 250w Hamilton cebu sun mh/t5 combo. Should I make the change or keep the giesemann? Im torn..

The questions
Is it working now ?
Is there something that is wrong with the current setup?
Do you want more coverage hence the t5’s?

It is working currently. Nothing wrong with it just feel like the t5 will bring out the colors more. I dunno maybe just over thinking it

The reefbrite actinic will provide better pop in my experience. You have a great setup right now! You can always try a 20k bulb for more of a blue appearance it may help that color pop. I run t5 stand alone, mh stand alone and led standalone tanks in the same house and have found color pop with each.

Might have to try a 20k bulb I have tried 10k ushios and didn't like them and have been running phoenix 14k. Don't think I'm going to switch out of mh.

Might have to try a 20k bulb I have tried 10k ushios and didn't like them and have been running phoenix 14k. Don't think I'm going to switch out of mh.
I am still doing old school halide fixture over sps growout as well. You will not be disappointed with the 20k

I think I just needed some reassurance. My tanks been neglected for a while cause of 2 small kids so trying to get it back up

Back