Molly Miller and Ocean flo power heads

I think it's where they put the body on a raft and light it on fire as they launch it. :(

Sorry for your loss!

From Wikipedia,
"The Vikings often immolated their dead leaders in ship burials, known from archaeology and notably from the account of Ibn Fadlan.

Ibn Fadlan's account is contentious, as it refers to Rus rather than Norse vikings. The ceremony he describes may have been of Slavic rather than Nordic origin.

A Viking funeral can mean burning a boat with a corpse, as a spectacular tribute."
:D

Well I didn't go to that extreme. I gave the little guy the flush. He was too small. He wasn't strong enough to escape the pull of the power head. He was cut up pretty bad. :(

Guess this means I can get something new...:)

Brian, are you sure he wasn't sick? My Algae blennie has eaten algae right off of my oceanflos and had no problems. I also put snails right on the input slots to clean them.

my starry blenny often perches on mine. I have yet to see a healthy fish get sucked in but thats not to say it won't happen.

I had a LARGE chevron tang try and clean an 802 powerhead intake (no screen) and had his face sucked into the intake for a few hours. it died a few days later :( sure did strech out its face.

Brian, are you sure he wasn't sick? My Algae blennie has eaten algae right off of my oceanflos and had no problems. I also put snails right on the input slots to clean them.

He was very healthy. He had a swimming pattern that brought him near the oceanflos. I moved the powerhead about an hour before I found him dead. As you can see from the picture he wasn't very big. I would guess about an inch and a half.

Brian

Last edited:
I lost a mandarin to a Hagen 802 also when the screen fell off. Was off for only a few hours.

Bri,

I was thinking just that when I saw your tank the other day. :( Sorry about your loss.

-Joe

Last edited:
Back