Montipora Cap. problem...help!

Great thread!

As far as coral QT, that's a good idea about the specimen container darren. How long do you keep corals there?

Short of setting up a QT, I've been very dilligent about doing Lugols baths for all corals (~10/liter, like greg said, 5 minutes), and a double-dose Interceptor bath for 6 hours for all acropora. Too many nasties running around out there these days.

Greg....the guys on RC don't appear to feel the Lugols help much...there are some playing around with ick meds with varying success though?

Yeah, I need to figure out a way to do a small QT. The piece I trimmed back has more die off on it today, but I don't see any nudis on it. Very strange...

Steve....The FW dip does stress the coral too, even if it is just a quick one. If the coral was in real bad shape to begin with, it may not survive. At this point just keep a close eye on it.

Here's the best way to rid your tank of monti nudis once they are in the system. Bring some digi frags in to be the hosts. They are easy to pic off a digi rather than a swirling cap. If you find them on a common cap inside a crevice...launch it!! Watch for the cycle over the course of 3 months. That is how long it can take for all the eggs to hatch. If you don't find them within 3 months time with the digis in the tank you should be safe!!! Nothing out there as of yet eradicates them. You have to do the look & pick method off the digis.

Back