Morning Breakfast

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
These fish are spoiled!
IMG_5432.JPG

That is actually one of my favorite foods. I am very impressed that your fish know how to eat them with chop stix.

Hi,
I clip the clam on the shell to my nori clipper and let the fish rip them apart. It's good exercise for their neck muscle. :D
I will video tape and post it up.
original.jpg

I use fresh clam, mussles, oysters, and soon to be worm, to entice a new finicky feeder fish. In this case, it's my newly acquired red sea regal angelfish which I'm hoping to pair with my existing one. It's a perfect size to pair. I just need it feed on what I feed daily more aggressively before I can release her into the tank. It's eating the clam but pecks at the reef frenzy and mysis and brine that I feed daily and spit them back out. If she pecks at it hard enough, she'll swallow it by accident.
I prefer mussles or oyster more than clam since they're much more tender. But they all give the fish good neck exercise.

I only rinse it. Also when you cut into the guts, it's very milky if you just put it in the tank. I just can't bare seeing all the milky stuff going into my tank so I rinse it off before putting it in.
I also use it as an enticement on finicky feeders and a treat for the established fish. Not something I feed daily.

Here's the video from yesterday feed training.
https://youtu.be/jHSomjRUv9A

I'm trying to pair my existing red sea regal with a mate. The existing one(The bigger one) is an absolute beauty and a pig. Will eat out of my hand! The new one I acquire last Friday and is currently in an acclimation box. Currently, she only feed on clams and not very excited about the other food I give her. Even with clams, she seems a little reluctant at times. When I put the clam in the box, my existing one goes nuts and bang on the box. I allowed it to go in the box in hope that he can show her the way to feed. It worked.
I'm getting live blackworms today and will try that to the new regal. Getting a new regal angelfish to eat is a freaking process!

Yup. The thing I do for a regal angelfish. After seeing the regal not eating much as I wanted, I ordered 1lbs of live blackworms. Since my wife won't allow liveworms in the fridge, I went out to Best Buy last night and got a mini fridge. I figure it would be good to have my own fridge in the fish room. I drive a sedan so had to drive home from BB with the trunk lid open with the fridge hanging out. And throughout the whole ride home, the car constantly beeped at me for the opened trunk.
I did get the fridge home safely and plugged it in. Worms just got delivered. Looking for the magical potion power that these worms will provide for the fish.

Yup. The thing I do for a regal angelfish. After seeing the regal not eating much as I wanted, I ordered 1lbs of live blackworms. Since my wife won't allow liveworms in the fridge, I went out to Best Buy last night and got a mini fridge. I figure it would be good to have my own fridge in the fish room. I drive a sedan so had to drive home from BB with the trunk lid open with the fridge hanging out. And throughout the whole ride home, the car constantly beeped at me for the opened trunk.
I did get the fridge home safely and plugged it in. Worms just got delivered. Looking for the magical potion power that these worms will provide for the fish.

good luck with the black worms. I couldn't get two copper band butterflies to eat them. really want a copper band in my tank but I cant get one to eat anything other then aiptasia

Yeah. Thanks. I was really excited to go home and feed to my new regal and see the true magical power of these blackworms. Then, Archit told me it may take several days for the fish to accept.

crying-smiley-stock-photography-image-29248132-LzE2Wd-clipart.jpg

My fish have been eating blackworms every day of their life and I have been using them for probably fifty years. If it were not for blackworms I would not stay in this hobby. I would get a new hobby like trying to guess the phone numbers of Supermodels.
I don't keep them in the fridge as I invented a worm keeper.
Here are my fish eating worms. Every fish in this video, except the copperband is spawning including the mandarins and the 25 year old fireclowns. The bangai cardinals, runy reds, watchmans and pipefish preferred to stay out of this movie as it was not in their contract.

lol! Patience grasshopper!

For some reason this made me think of the scene from Force 10 from Navarone ... I wish this clip started 30 seconds earlier than this scene, when weaver was quite disappointed with the initial response of the explosion on the dam ... and a couple of minutes later ... well you have it. Wish this damn clip was in english too ... oh well.

[video=youtube;fsJCghhCwmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsJCghhCwmI[/video]

I suppose my initial response was similar to weavers ... "wtf ... all that for nothing!" ... and then, a smile, and then, awe, and then, dancing around!!! hahaha

Btw, initially it helps if you cut them slightly smaller so fish aren't intimidated; possibly soak in selcon as well. Once they start going after them .... it's a feeding frenzy like no other. And new fish see existing fish go bananas at this stuff, and they start gulping it pretty much right away as well in my experience :)

I posted a video on the blackworm pool order thread on how my fish act; have received similar responses from everyone that bought them at the group buy as well -- first day or two, nothing cray cray; now -- good luck finding them after 45 seconds lol

Last edited:
I watched that entire clip, but I couldn't see where the blackworms helped knock down the bridge. :confused:

Back