Movin' on Up

Behrmon

pr (BearMon)
Picked up the tank last night, Oceanic 150 Tall 48x24x30:D . I'm going to try and take my time setting this up right:rolleyes: . It's going into the same spot as the 72 so I will have tank swap project on my hands. SPS here I come!

Tank - Oceanic 150 Tall.
Lighting - 2x250 10k + 2 x 54 Actinic Aquamedic with new endcaps.
Sump - Prob 30 breeder baffeled to 3 compartments. Not sure on return yet.
Flow - 2 Tunze Nano steams (not sure what size yet).
Stand - 6 Blue milk crates;) .
Skimmer - CRA 130 for now.

Physced!!!!

I'll have lots of ?'s to come I'm sure

Thanks CRA for your help and guidance on this.

Nice tank! I love the dimensions.
I think you should reconsider the Tunze Nano Streams. They just won't provide enough flow for a 150 SPS tank.
Take a look a the 'regular' Tunze steams, or maybe some of the other alternatives such as a Seio or Hydro Kolaria.

Nice tank! I love the dimensions.
I think you should reconsider the Tunze Nano Streams. They just won't provide enough flow for a 150 SPS tank.
Take a look a the 'regular' Tunze steams, or maybe some of the other alternatives such as a Seio or Hydro Kolaria.

Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated.

? for the masses, I removed an inner tank partition (siliconed) - what is the best way to remove the silicone residue on the inside of the tank?? Keep in mind that I probably wont be able to take the tank outside for washing.

Just to clarify, I removed the bead it's just the residue.

Good luck with everything. I did a tank swap a few months back. Out of all my livestock all I lost were my 2 peppermint shrimp. I don't know what happened?:eek:

I am positive because I have an open structure they are gone. I replaced them with cleaners though and I like them better:D

Take your time. 150 high should be nice. How tall is it?

Use Acetone to remove the silicone residue. You can buy it at the home depot in the paint section. Just put some on a paper towel and rub the silicone residue off. The acetone will evaporate quickly. Wear gloves.

Michale Mota said:
The acetone will evaporate quickly. Wear gloves

What, you don't like that "cooling" affect that acetone has on your fingers? :)

Behrmon said:
Thanks TOO FLY & good luck on the 120.

I'm gonna need it. I'm all over the place with this tank. But I think I've got it pretty much decided with the layout.

What's a CRA skimmer?

Use Acetone to remove the silicone residue. You can buy it at the home depot in the paint section. Just put some on a paper towel and rub the silicone residue off. The acetone will evaporate quickly. Wear gloves.

So no need to flush the tank after using acetone?? The tank will be empty for at least a couple weeks after I remove it.

Excellent! :) You going free standing or in-wall?

Free standing, Renter:( .

What's a CRA skimmer?

House brand Coral Reef Aquarium.

You can also find acetone in the health and beauty section of CVS (nail polish remover)

If it was me, I would clean off the acetone area with some water just to be sure.

I agree on the nano streams, I would go with the new hydor or maxi mods instead.

Oh, and congrats on the tank, sounds like it will be sweet. When are you planning on setting it up?? I have built 2 glass sumps so far, so if you need any help with the sump, let me know.

-Brian

Acetone does not completely flash off. You can wipe it down, flooding the tank would not be necessary. The problem with acetone is, it evaporates at room temp very quickly, fumes everywhere, NO SMOKING or pilot lights in the area, careful with the frame, acetone will wipe out plastic.

Thanks for the replies. I will try a bit more w/ the razor and resort to the acetone if only I have to. If I do it will just be very small amounts at a time. Hot water softened it somewhat but then the razor more so just kind of moved it around instead of grabbing it.

Brian - I'm waiting on a stand situation for the 150, I'm not in a hurry but I should get the sump situated soon, I will def. take you up on building it for me:D .

Correction to post 1 - Tank is Perfecto not Oceanic.

Back