Moving and Upgrading.

flavescens

I love my ocean.
Well, the time is finally here to get that 55 gallon that has been sitting in the basement for a year and a half going. It's happening soon, too. So I would like some advise on my plan if anyone has anything from previous exp to offer.

Im moving apartments, but the new place is letting me move it in early (they are my friends so its no prob.)

Ok, so I built the stand and am going to put a 40 gallon refug. underneath. and hopefully a cool sump too if it will all fit.

Advice #1. I am going to bring a ten gallon tank that is established already for months to the house and use that to house the 5 fish and the few corals while the 55 gets ready. I hope that the 55 will not take too long to cycle because I will be using all the water from the current 38 gallon and have about 70 pounds of live rock, a hang on filter with a bio wheel and a hang on refug with protien skimmer and an extra skimmer too.

Do you think this will do? It really is my only option, unless there are like babysitting services somewhere. I guess I am just nervous about all the corals and fish in a 10 gal even if just for a week or so. What do you think?

OK water from your 38 gallon tank - water for 10 gal move/storage tank. Means more than half of the water will be new with the sump and refug.
70 lb.'s LR old and new?
I think you better plan on more than a week or so cycle time.

I would move the old tank reset it up and start the new tank new. That's not to say your plan will not work.
Good luck with the move and the upgrade it will be so worth it when your done.

Back