Moving FOWLR + large fish

Nocturnal

Habitual Line Stepper
I will be moving shortly and now have to take on the challenge of moving my tank with a couple large fish.
Question:
What would you use to move the fish (2@11", one's a French Angel so he's tall too) and house them for a few hours while I re-set the tank back up?
I don't think either of these guys will fit in a salt bucket.

I'm moving about 8 miles away, so not too far, but there is some plumbing that I want to change, so I would need a couple hours to replumb some of my system.

Ideas?

TIA

Buy a pair of big rubbermaid totes at Walmart, and let them each have their own for the move. Covers limit sloshing when they move, the fish some space for swimming, and they can big enough not to get a big temp swing if it's a hot or cool day. Airstone or little powerhead in each, and you're ready to go....

JayM said:
Buy a pair of big rubbermaid totes at Walmart, and let them each have their own for the move. Covers limit sloshing when they move, the fish some space for swimming, and they can big enough not to get a big temp swing if it's a hot or cool day. Airstone or little powerhead in each, and you're ready to go....

Rubbermaid Totes??

Sounds good. I'll take a look.
I have a couple battery powered air stones so I'm all set there and I'm not too worried about the temp swing. I should be that long re-setting the tank back up. I have a couple small heaters anyway

Thanks!!

Last edited:
If you weren't in Arlington, I'd offer to lend you mine for your move. When I set up my 72, I literally forklifted EVERYTHING out of a 75G that a buddy of mine was breaking down. I have about 10 of them......

Thanks for the potential offer.
I could definitely use a few more to own anyway. They have a million uses

Back