MP40 or Gyre ??

uhupong

BRS Member
I want to add more flow especially from the upper left corner of the tank (see pic).

Will it be better to add another mp40 or Gyre type powerhead?

My tank is redsea rimless and I've head some rumors about Gyre PH stressing panels as well.

Thx !!

Attachments

• 20210412_194652.jpg
    20210412_194652.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 237
I'm just using the jebao gyres (biggest ones) and I find they offer quite a bit less flow than an equivalent jebao powerhead so based on my experience I'd go with a powerhead.

I'm just using the jebao gyres (biggest ones) and I find they offer quite a bit less flow than an equivalent jebao powerhead so based on my experience I'd go with a powerhead.
Thx I'm leaning toward mp40 right now.

Which models? I’m using a CP-150 gyre and it has a ton of flow. I have it running at 2 of 10 power level in a 5 foot tank. The MP40s in the tank also put out a lot of flow. Different flow though. What about a Nero 5? Nero 5 flow is wide and gentle.

My gyres don’t seem to have as much flow as when I bought them two years ago. Even after a good cleaning. If that helps. Sweet tank.

Which models? I’m using a CP-150 gyre and it has a ton of flow. I have it running at 2 of 10 power level in a 5 foot tank. The MP40s in the tank also put out a lot of flow. Different flow though. What about a Nero 5? Nero 5 flow is wide and gentle.

That's interesting. I run the cp-150 on full. It's an 8 foot long tank so maintaining flow is a big issue and I do find the large tunze and jebao powerheads seem to be producing alot more flow. I use both. But that's just eyeballing and feeling with hand and observing particle flow, could be wrong.

Back