mushrooms

Jahn

Non-member
Can mushrooms be removed from the rocks they came on? If so how? And how to attach them somewhere else? Does superglue work underwater ( I have trouble accepting the concept that it does and doesn't poison the water with the cyanoacrylic).
Thanks in advance.

46G bowfront "softie" setup

Mushrooms can be sliced of the rocks using a razor blade. There's a catch, though: this won't actually remove the shroom from the rock. It'll just make more shrooms.
To remove the shroom from the place you don't want it, you'll have to kill it.
You can use a kalk-paste to smother/burn the shroom stump. I've done that. Just make sure you turn off the current in the tank.
To attach a shroom frag, you can use a rubber band, fishing line, bridal veil, or that thin plastic netting that they use to bag onions. After you secure it using one of those methods, you just wait for the shroom frag to attach. I won't tank long.

Superglue will work underwater, but it's messy. Epoxy putty might work, but it's hard to get the shroom to stay put.

I use the bridal veil - just wrap it around the mushroom and a piece of rock rubble. Take one of those thin plastic zip ties and secure the bridal veil around the mushroom and the rock. It only takes a few weeks for the mushroom to attach. Then you can just remove the bridal veil. Works like a charm.

starrfish said:
I use the bridal veil - just wrap it around the mushroom and a piece of rock rubble. Take one of those thin plastic zip ties and secure the bridal veil around the mushroom and the rock. It only takes a few weeks for the mushroom to attach. Then you can just remove the bridal veil. Works like a charm.

thats what i did today, this is my first time with shrooms so I hope it works out.

Back