My 350g Upgrade - Finally!

starrfish

Non-member
I finally had some time to pull together all of my pictures on this ENORMOUS project! I created a blog detailing the whole project (thanks for the idea Flighty!). We are hoping to get water in it this week. Here's the blog...enjoy....

http://starrfish.blogspot.com/

Daire, Looks very nice. It will look awesome when you fill it with corals and fish.
Do you have fish in mind that you like to keep? Can't wait to see more pics of this setup.

Hey Daire -

Ummm... Can I buy the condo space UNDER the tank?

Wow... that looks really, really great. You all did a fantastic job.
I would love to see it in person sometime.

bec

Wow..Looking great. Some very nice ideas too.
What a leap from 75g to 350g tank, Im still trying to convince my wife for a 180g
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Again, Marc was the one with all of the great ideas - although I'm the one that gets the benefit. :D Can't wait to get water in it - hopefully it will be full this week. Open invitation for everyone to come down and see it once it's full of mostly fish, a lot of crustaceans, and some corals. :)

thats a very nice setup that was a big jump if i ever hit the lottery i want a setup just like that my girl will ok it then so until i have to suffer with 38gl lol GREAT JOB

Daire,

Very cool. :)

Can you explain how the UPS/maxi-jet back-up is expected to work? Looks interesting.

-Linda

Linda - the maxi-jets are in the overflow boxes. We drilled two holes in the tank with small bulkheads - one for the input, one for the output of each maxi-jet. We used flexible hose to connect the maxi-jets to the bulkheads. The maxi-jets are plugged into outlets that are connected to a UPS in the fish room. The maxi-jets will run all the time. The key is that they will stay on when there is a power failure because the UPS will kick in when the electricity goes off. It's really a cool design.

Thanks Joe - open invitation!

Hey Daire

WOW you?ve come a long way from the 75 gal. It?s looking awesome. I would love to see it in person when complete. Good luck with it.

WOW.

great idea on the maxi's gonna plan on that for my upgrade to a 180 from a 125, someday :rolleyes:

are they easy to get out for periodic cleaning?

Daire, It looks awsome! You'll have to have an "open House"(tank) when it's complete. Don your mask and fins and give us a guided tour. :D Really, good luck with your project, it looks exciting.

Back