My Bubble tip just got stuck

srezack

Non-member
Hello,
So my bubble tip anemone just got stuck in my power head. I ended up cutting the "cage" that covers the fan to get him out. he doesn't look to be doing to well. How do I keep him from getting stuck in the power head (if he survives)???? also I didn't realize they move around. that's just insane.

Good god...I hope it wasn't an inferno like I bought for $200 last weekend! Get some foam screens or make your own...it'll save a lot of trouble.

ok can I wrap the power head with a screen from like a window screen? it is a normal bubble tip but I didn't realized they moved around. I thought it was like all the other corals I have that, that will stay where we place them. To my surprise they don't do that.

ok I ended up making a jimmy rig shield around it out of a bottle. it seems to be working enough but we will find out how it works by morning.

Nems are pretty tough , mine went through my gyre lol I found the foot and tossed it in my remote fuge he is slowly growing and looking fine now but watch your nitrates after that . mine spiked from it

Ok I just woke up and found that he retreated under my rocks. Everything I can find online says that do that in order to die?

BTAs are very hardy and usually can survive the power head given the mouth is not torn to pieces. They're the worse when it comes to roaming. They could be happy where they are for years and then decide to take a trip to the other side of the tank for no apparent reason. There's usually a cover or you can make your own out of foam for the powerhead that will prevent anything going in there but it also reduces your flow.

Back