Attachments

• Image137.jpg
    Image137.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Image039.jpg
    Image039.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,513
Last edited:
what kind of stars do you feed it and how much does it end up costing you to feed it? ive always wanted one but thought it was too expensive and risky to feed it

They are cool, mine likes to go to the top of my tank sometimes searching for asterias its quite the show when he warns off the fish.

it doesnt bother my corals at all. chocolate star fish are $5 each at aqua addict. maybe once every 3 to 4 weeks.

Attachments

• Image128.jpg
    Image128.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 588
sorry the pix is side way........i dont know how to pix that i took these pix from my phone...

Get that shrimp a mate! They do much better in a mated pair and they're much cooler to watch to boot.

Keep 5 or 6 stars in the fuge and razor blade a leg off every week or so. Feeding them a whole star is cool to watch, but once its gone its gone... Much more efficient for your bio load and wallet to feed by the arm vs a whole star at a time.

anyone know anywhere in ma(skiptons,tropic,etc) where they have the choco chip stars for 5$ per, id get a set of those if it wasnt such a pain to feed them

Thanx Brad....but how can u tell male or female?

The female is larger...

If they're the same size, look under the abdomen... The male will be clear, the female will have some blue/pink spots. Also look for eggs, that's a dead give away.

anyone know anywhere in ma(skiptons,tropic,etc) where they have the choco chip stars for 5$ per, id get a set of those if it wasnt such a pain to feed them

Not quite sure if im suppose to be posting this? Skiptons sometimes has them in for 8 bucks each. Theyre usually in the bottom tanks under where the 20$ frag tanks used to be.

Back