my "ghost" clown

Valexia

livingroom naturalist
here is a picture of our "odd man out"(clown on the left). Our pair of breeding clowns has a "third wheel" and he's a totally different color than most ocellaris i have seen. ID suggestions? I have left the pictures untouched for you to see the color difference and the LACK of BLACK.
Anyone have one like this? Is it a Perc? OR and Ocellaris?
He's a shy thing and has avoided picures until now.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 189
I think he just fell to the bottom of the gene pool. Being the 3rd wheel I think could probably get him in some trouble. Clowns normally aren't to tolerant of each other.

actually he's got his side of the anemone and the other pair breeds on the other side, now and then when the male is distracted with eggs, she flys over and flirts with him then jets back before he catches her...wicked funny to watch.

I'll try and raise him up under the lights more...hehehehhe

Val,

My false percs had little to no black borders for more than a year. As they got older, they developed thin black lines, yet most of their body was a washed orange with white banding. Now that they have been hosting in the BTA, and getting a better diet, they have developed thick black lines, and a distinct darkening or "saddle" to them. This color waxes and wanes depending on time of day and whether or not they have been in their host. I am guessing that the color changes are similar to when a clown gets hurt, they get a black looking scar or spot for some time until it heals over. I'm going to guess further that they get this same color from the interaction with the "host". Just a guess though.

Dave

Back