My next Setup

Well since my pico tanks crashed on my about a month ago I think it is time I begin my next setup. I have been planning this setup for about the last 3 months, and I can't decide between 3 tanks.

The tru-vu 6 gallon cube.
Aquatic Gardens 6.6 gallon 24'' long bowfront.
Custom 12.5 gallon 24'' x 12'' x 10'' acrylic tank.

Whichever one I get I plan on having a 20 gallon high sump, with fuge with 6-8 inches of sand, and skimmer. It will be a mixed reef, mainly sps, some zoos, some lps, maybe a crocea clam, and maybe a small rbta. The main tank will be bb with white starboard ,around 100-150gph return, and a closed-loop with around 250-450gph on a scwd. I have 70w MH with 14k bulb, I might get another if I do the 12.5. For fish (if I even add any) I will have either a pair of neon gobies, single perc, or maybe (but probably not) a pair of black percs in the 12.5. The only issues with the tanks is the tru-vu has the false back with the small sump, and the Aquatic Gardens 6.6 scratches way too easily.

I am keeping the tanks small so i can bring it to school with me next year. I will try to put together some drawings of the tanks tonight. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Josh

Back