Armando

v 4.0
My pair of baby Akindynos

Aren't they cute?

Thanks Karl!!

akindynos1.jpg

akindynos3.jpg

Last edited:
Those are cute, but are they akindynos or allardi?
AKINDYNOS
2002.jpg
Amphiprion akindynos
ALLARDI
2003.jpg
Amphiprion allardi

Last edited:
I have no idea how to identify clowns, but the fins look a lot different to me. Do they look different as adults?

Cindy your thoughts are correct. Different fin. Not the same fish as yours Armando. (that is in the link you posted) That fish in the link you posted is an: Amphiprion clarkii nickname "clark's clownfish" or "Sabae" clownfish

Last edited:
I'm confused (not hard to do at this hour) Are you saying armondo's fish is a clarki, or the pic I posted, or both?

Armando, those little guys are super cute! What would I have to do, to get some of those little guys into my up and coming bow tank?

~Flighty~ said:
I'm confused (not hard to do at this hour) Are you saying armondo's fish is a clarki, or the pic I posted, or both?
Yes Cindy, Armandos are clarki clownfish

Let me put the especiation to rest. The parents are pictured in my RC gallery extensively.

The coloration does change on clownfish as they grow. So, these clowns look darker, and the white stripe extends and will move as the fish ages.

The tails on the adult akindynos are completely white.

I can say with reasonable certaintly that the fish are akindynos clowns.

Furthermore, Amphiprion Sebae is different from Amphiprion Clarkii, but that's another topic for a different day.

Cheers.

Thank you Karl. I'm glad fish don't read these boards otherwise your Aikindynos male would be asking the female: "Who is this Clark uh?" :D

Back