My prized Cocoa worm!

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
My prized cocoa worm went from this:
P1050623.jpg

To this:
P4290004cr.jpg

P4290005cr.jpg

Can anyone tell me when this happened to yours, whether the feathers ever grew back just as nice as before? Time and time again, I read how they grow back smaller and/or less colorful. :(

I don't see any yellow in the new heads - could this possibly appear later as they develop more?

Gina, I think Scott G mentioned in a previous thread that the yellow on his coco worm grew back white (if I remember correctly, I know it was something along these lines). I had a yellow and red that popped off it's heads for some reason, and they grew back yellow and pink. It's still beautiful but I already had a pink one and wanted a red.:rolleyes: Now I have two pink.:eek: I can tell you that the heads grew back just as large and beautiful, seemed it happened fairly quickly too. Just grew back a different color.

oh no thats horrible. what happened to it? is there something in your tank bothering it? mine seems like everything bothers it and luckily nothing has made it drop its crown yet. I hope yours grows back they way it was before.

Thanks, Gina

Qwank, Thanks - The only time something was bothering it was the first day and 1/2 when the crown was out, my cherub angel swatted it a few times with his tail, like the brat he is.
After that, nothing.

Update on my cocoa worm - It is looking MUCH better. Still not red and yellow, but much better than I thought it would turn out to be.
P5220001cr.jpg

unenhanced...but - the color is deeper than the pic shows.

P5220002cr2.jpg

Last edited:
hop it makes a full recovery gina. but if it doesnt i saw three at zoo creatures in plaistow that looked good

Hey, look how my coco worm turned out!
I think she looks lovely, especially next to my pink challice, don't you? :D
P6260019rs.jpg

Back