My Seneye Par Meter Experience

Following lights were tested: 3 AI Hydra 52 HD, 1 Metal halide 250 Watt Radium bulb, 2 kessil Halo H380 Spectral Halo 2 led grow light.

I was also running lower settings with the AI’s and have since bumped up the intensity. We will see how the corals respond.

I personally don’t like LED’s, I never had any issues with corals running mh/vho combo
I have had a number of lights through the years. LEDs are definitely the most difficult to dial in due to hot spots and shadowing. So far I have only seen one light (led) that compares to the t-5 even spread. *Kessil AP 700*

Thanx for that vidio I've been tossed between the h380 and a maxisun 300 watt dimmable grow light.

Most people will say go with the Amazon light (maxisun). The H380 is the Lamborghini of grow lights though.:) What ever works for you. The higher the Par the better on these grow lights. It has to outcompete your tank lights or it isn’t worth buying. I have “0” algae in my pond and in my 180...just in my 55 refugium.

Most people will say go with the Amazon light (maxisun). The H380 is the Lamborghini of grow lights though.:) What ever works for you. The higher the Par the better on these grow lights. It has to outcompete your tank lights or it isn’t worth buying. I have “0” algae in my pond and in my 180...just in my 55 refugium.

The h380 also has two different spectrums; purple and magenta.

These video have great information and educational for this hobby. I learn a lot from these video. Also keep in mind that these video are commercials to push products.
There are plenty of led option for plant growth on eBay with high par and full(er) spectrum that suitable for plant.
For AP700, it is a big improvement over 360we as the heat issue can be addressed by a larger heat sink.
AP700 has better PAR and better controllability. It is still a spot light. So it is fundamentally different from t5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched all the brs vidios, bought a trigger triton 44 and all plumbing etc, I'm down to fuge light and dosing pump the galaxy gets around 500 par at 24"so I'm sure it won't measure up to the kessil. So it's a choice between rolling the dice on the lesser of the two today or waiting till the end of January when I can afford the sure thing. Chances are my impatience will get the better of me and in the long run I'll upgrade and waist $108

These video have great information and educational for this hobby. I learn a lot from these video. Also keep in mind that these video are commercials to push products.
There are plenty of led option for plant growth on eBay with high par and full(er) spectrum that suitable for plant.
For AP700, it is a big improvement over 360we as the heat issue can be addressed by a larger heat sink.
AP700 has better PAR and better controllability. It is still a spot light. So it is fundamentally different from t5.

I agree that Bulk reef pushes big company products 1000%. I cant recall ever seeing a sb reef light or similar ever on their website or videos.

Companies such as SB sells directly, they dont sell through big online stores.

Either there instructional vidios are biased commercials, or there commercials are very informative. I prefer the later since I've learned a lot from them.
Sorry bout that it's a maxisun 300 watt dimmable w timer, and since I have a seneye myself I decided to go ahead with that and post the readings. That way if it's a waist of money at least I will have finally contributed something useful to the forums that have also tought my a lot. Except how to spell tought.

I think the maxisun works just fine if not better than the $300 kessil.

Back