"Nano" Slim Skim Protein Skimmer - Hydor

I was comparing to the IM ghost desktop skimmer size and there are close . this one is couple inches higher and 1 inch wider and about half price rated for a bigger tank
hydor
Height: 12"
Footprint: 3.125" x 3.125"
Rated Up To: 35 Gallons

rated up to 20 gallons
Fusion Nano
10 & 20, Fusion Lagoon 25
3.58" x 2.28" x 9.84"
(L) x (W) x (H)
6.5W
158 gph

According to these dimensions the width is to wide so unfortunately it not going to work. The skimmer is approximately 21/64ths of a inch to big width wise.
1d96eb534c90b7f788b0b5e2a065814e.jpg

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

The 7203 ghost skimmer is a exact fit to the chamber so that's the price paid for exclusivity. But try to do more research I'd be surprised if there wasn't a skimmer that's cheaper designed for those chamber dimensions.

Thank you very much . Gonna try to find a use one . If cant find one gonna have to buy the bullet . Thanks again

I have looked for a long time for one that fits, i have the 20 as well. There isnt another skimmer on the market that fits unfortunately. Still havnt grabbed the ghost yet, having good sucess with just waterchanges

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This one will fit in the center chamber. Tunze is a great brand with quality components. It rated for up to 37 gallons and at $104 qualifies for free shipping so you'll save quite a bit in comparison to the ghost .
People seem to really like it for being so quite and skimming so well.
https://www.amazon.com/Comline-DOC-Protein-Skimmer-9001/dp/B000N0C74Y#

Even though this one may physically fit that compartment, you still need the space for the return pump and appurtenances. I believe it will make it difficult to do any maintenance back there with a skimmer that big. I have the ghost skimmer, while it took some time to get optimized it has been doing a great job ever since.

Back