Need advice, sick yellow tang.

garlic soaked food is always good, just because tangs are herbivores they will eat brine shrimp. Your yellow tang was very thin and may had a something called
dehydrogenase complex which means a very small stomach that can't extract protien.

First off,sorry to hear about the fish.

1) Is a 29g quarantine really to small for a yellow tang of this size (1.5" - 2")? I have a 50g, and 120g display tank. But the 29g is all i have room for in the quarantine department.

A 29 is fine for a fish of that size,tang or not.
Sorry tang police.........not!:.

2) What should i do now to sterilize the 29g quarantine as i don't really know what caused the death? It just leaving it empty for a few weeks good enough? Or should i break it down and let it dry out?

I'd break it down if it's not that much trouble.Wash it out with some bleach and water,rinse well and set it back up again.

3) If it was a bacteria infection how do you sterilize the tank, and rock and such?

Tank as mentioned above.Rock should not be in a QT tank.Only PVC to hide behind.I's let the rock sit in fresh water then dry it out.

4) Any ideas on why he took a turn for the worst so quickly? It seemed to happen literally in 1 days time. Although as i said this is my first tang, so there may have been signs before this that I just didn't notice.

To be quite honest,that's one of the skinniest Tangs I've seen in a long time.
If he was eating,there wasn't much nutrition being passed along to the fishes structure,very sunken.Always have a fish fed before purchase from the LFS.

Back