Need help cutting acrylic baffles

cobra1858

Non-member
I need 3 acrylic baffles cut for my sump. The only person I know with a table saw doesn?t have a fin enough blade for acrylic. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you or your friend have a router? If so, the cut quality doesn't matter, just clean it up with a pass with the router.

how thick is the acrylic? With the thinner stuff you can put a deep score in it with a razor knife and straight edge from both sides and snap it over a desk or something. That wont work on thicker stuff..

It is .022 " acrylic. I would be afraid of breaking it to small like I did with my baffles on my other sump. Nitrofish, are you around weekdays after 4 PM, I work in Franklin ma and could come up after work.

cobra1858 said:
It is .022 " acrylic. I would be afraid of breaking it to small like I did with my baffles on my other sump. Nitrofish, are you around weekdays after 4 PM, I work in Franklin ma and could come up after work.

the equipment is at work, if you could leave me the parts I could cut them on monday.they use a fine tooth band saw for thier acrylic parts.

oh and after 4 I would be at work, if you stop by my shop you can leave them with me, and ill cut them later that day

Back