Need help hanging ATI powermodule LED

uhupong

BRS Member
I really need help and advise on hanging the 48 inches t5 module from drywall celing.

Problem:
I dont have enough room to use drywall toggle anchor that come with the light because when i drilled, i hit some wood above drywall.

Homedepot guy recommended me using wood screw and drilling directly into the wood without using any anchor. Is that a safe advise ? Im nervous to hang 2k fixture on just a screw.

Lastly. Does anyone sell mounting leg for 48" t5 fixture? Im already discouraged at this point (drilled 3 holes and all hit wooden celing.)

Please advise and thank you very much !

Screwing into wood is definitely a better option than toggle bolts in a drywall ceiling.

+1 to this.
If you're not comfortable with hanging a fixture over a tank, get a canopy and mount the light inside the canopy.

Dont use anchor. They are not very safe for such a heavy fixture. Even though it my work but you will worry about it all the times.
You need to either screw to the.wood above dry wall or add a piece of flat board/wood to the ceiling and screw that flat board/wood to the wood above the dry wall. From there, you then can hang the light from that flat wood.
Otherwise go with some sort of hanger or.canopy.
Just hang my light fixtre to the ceiling tonight as well.

Back