Need help with drilling glass tank

jwm2k3

BRS Member
Hey all. Im a long time member, but I dont post so much. I was hoping that someone here who has drilled a glass tank could help me with that. I do not have the cutting bit, but I do have a truck and can provide the beer...Im looking to drill the back of my 38gal AGA. Ive done some research on here looking up posts and Ive watched a few youtube vids, but this just cant compare to experience. Thanks!

John

Im located in Danvers, right on the Danvers/Beverly line very close to Rt.128....

If you are interested I have a glass bit for 1 inch sch 40 bulkheads, and can help you drill the tank. I am by no means an expert tank driller but I have done a few of my own tanks.
I am on the peabody / salem line RT 114. From beverly just over the kernwood bridge.

Thanks everyone for the offers! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Hi Jennifer, thank you very much for the reply! I have actually followed your build thread with great anticipation! (also like your choice in quotes as I dig Disturbed) It would be really awesome if I could have some of your help. I wil send you a PM in the next day or so. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Glad to help .
Thanks for the compliments on my tank build, I am going to get back to the tank build after the new year. By that time I should have the room done enough to get the tank up.

Disturbed - Rocks , my favorite band right now. I have every album and love everyone of the songs.

Update

I ended up taking the tank to Skiptons and had it drilled. I went with the 1 inch drain and the 3/4 return. Bought a Rio 1700 pump and after a few quick trips to Home Depot the plumbing is done and the tank has been running no leaks for a few days!

Now, the hard part....what to put in it!

B at skiptons will drill your tank and provide the bulkhead fitting for short cash. He does great work and has a drill press type drill, it makes a nice clean hole.

Back