need to make refug

newfish

newfish
I have 38gl. tank i need to make a fuge that hangs on the back of the tank any ideas how and what do I need.

Cell cast acrylic(1/4")a table saw,wet/dry paper,3/4" hole saw and a couple of pieces of pvc pipe

they are very basic to make. After buying the 21" CPR HOT fuge, I said to myself it would have been so easy to make it. then again its all about how much time and effort you really want to spend on it when you can pay 100bucks and save youre self alot of time.

I think it would be an easy and satisfying project. But if you're doing it to save money, make sure you price out all supplies first. I suspect that you you'll probably spend about $60 on supplies (just a guess). After you know the exact cost, it's up to you whether it's worth it or not.

On the other hand, if you're not happy with the sizes or design of the commercially available HOB fuges, then that's a good reason to make your own, regardless of the cost comparison.

If you design your own keep in mind that it will need to hold a lot of weight, so you need to engineer it to hold that weight. (~8 lbs/gallon plus sand and rock)

Can you hang one of these INSIDE a sump? Not sure how the power head on these work....It would be nice to just drop it in your sump...

You would have to plumb the bulkheads around to the opposite side, with a few elbows so they're in the tank, but it should work easily enough.

hmmm I may have to do that....will give me more space for equipment.....I have a sump/fuge combo now but want me space than what I have......

did not intend on a highjack sorry but that

hmmm I may have to do that....it will give me more space for equipment.....I have a sump/fuge combo now but want more space in it than what I have now......

I did not intend on a highjack sorry about that NEWFISH.....

hmm did not think I posted that already...already...already....

boy want a DA I can be...

Back