Need Weld-On, where to buy locally?

Bobbofin

Non-member
Turning former 8"x8"x8" bio section of wet/dry into refugium. Need to glue in two pieces of acrylic to make section water tight. Do not need that much. Where can I buy Weld-On locally? Thought about using super glue gel then sealing with Lexan compatible silicone. Thought about using JB Weld but is that reef safe? Appreciate any help....thanks!

you can try this modernplastics.com and see if they have a local supplyer (sp). or local place. but eric said he would trust the gel super glue method

There is a modern plastics in Peabody, MA. I have bought Weld-on there many times. You might want to do a search for plastics in the yellow pages, there has to be a closer dealer to you. If you can't find any closer, let me know if you want me to pick you up some as they just called me on Friday and the acrylic that I ordered came in so I have to go by sometime this week, and then I could probably arrange to meet you somewhere this weekend. Just PM me.
Take care,

Jamison

Just to check -
you are talking about acrylic to acrylic bonding right? If your looking to attach acrylic to a glass sump it won't work well at all. For glass to acrylic your better off using silicone as it bonds well with glass but not acrylic (but well enough to hold baffles in place).

I get my weldon at altec in boston, but that's a drive for you. You may be able to order it from them or an online store. Check the supplies sticky at the top of the DIY fourm for possible suppliers.

I buy mine here:
Plastic Supply, Inc.
735 E. Industrial Park Dr
Manchester
669-2727

Everything is out back you just tell them what you want and they will get it for you.

Back