Needing to test phosphates

dcforester1

Finally enjoying my tank
I have been having issues with phosphates, and I dont know what is going on. I was having trouble with my test kit so I bought an Elos test kit. I have been getting 0 everynight. I know that this doesnt mean I dont have any in the tank. Well tonight it shot right up to dark blue. I always test twice just to be sure. my second test came up 0??????? I dont know if there was something in the test tube before that caused the false reading or what happened. Does anyone have a meter to test phosphates. I am in Malden, but could travel. I need to put this to bed. If you are willing to test this for me please shoot me a PM. I would really appreciate it. I was wondering acouple of monthes ago why people were buying them, now I know why.
TIA Derek

my kit was zero, and a member with a meter measured .12, I am thinking of spending the 2 bills and get a decent meter

Derek, FYI, the club has a meter, and we do water testing with it at every meeting.

that device may be next on my wish list, after I replace my broken refractometer

Back