Frustrated and needing to vent

fishmommy

Non-member
I am not that peeved, but just a little bit frustrated and thought you guys could relate.
I work hard, and some long hours during the week.
The only day I can make it in to the LFS is Saturday.
They get fish orders on TUESDAY....and you can probably guess where this is going.
By Saturday, there is NOTHING left.
Two weeks in a row I have special ordered fish, only to make the 45 minute trip to the store on Saturday to find my fish sold out from under me.
Trying a different store now but they only do salt orders once a month and who knows whether they'll actually deliver.

Sick of staring at my snails and otherwise empty tank!
Itching to get this show on the road but it looks like it will be 3 weeks before this new store places an order. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for listening!

Ever try Live Aquaria?
I believe in helping the local guy but sometimes it's hard to find what your looking for.
Throw a possible "group buy" out there on the forum, always people looking to jump in and usually gets to the dollar value of free shipping :)
Back to the rant, been there and had the same happen.

the trouble is, as stated, I work long hours during the week. Earliest I could get home to unpack fish from a shipment would be 6pm unless I take the day off from work, which isnt' an option yet since I am new on this particular job site.

No worries :)
Maybe a Saturday delivery thru Fedex??
How about a day off fish store tour!! W/beer at each town/city.........

Find a store that will order them for you.

Personally I like stores that will hold them as well to make sure they are healthy before letting them go.

too bad you're sooo far away Oceans In Glass!
Maybe sometime I will take you up on it when I'm ready to make the drive (which will happen, trust me!)

A store special orders a fish for you and sells it? - wtf

Go somewhere else, or pay up front.

By the way, what fish are you looking for?

oh I'm just looking for bread and butter stuff. skunk cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, yellow head jawfish, fire fish. typical stuff.

If somebody sold fish out from under me I would be sure to write a stinging review in the "Vendors Experience" forum.

I'm in the exact same boat. I work 50 hour weeks sometimes more, makes it very hard to get to the LFS. I'm always disappointed when I get there on Sunday afternoons. People on the forum have good deals too but my work schedule makes it so difficult to meet up. Very frustrating.

I'll second the oceans in glass comment. All the guys are very nice, helpful and friendly. They have the cleanest tanks I have ever seen and it's very obvious they care about the livestock! I'm lucky to live 15 min away, but it's worth the trip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Another option is to buy your fish and aquatic life from here or craigslist. You can find a lot of tank breakdowns or people selling fish. There you can see it has been established and sitting in ones tank at there house for a while versus fresh off day long truck ride in a bag after it was manhandled by the catcher and tossed in a tank then to be thrown in another bag and thrown in your tank....see where I am getting at here? Most of my fish are from my LFS but a few I got on Craigslist or here and I would do that again anytime. People here or so on will be more obliged to work around your schedule. :)

Back