New addition to the library - Nightsea light!

PenMan

Non-member
Dr. Charles Mazel has donated a NightSea Bluestar light and two sets of glasses to the club for the library. These will be available starting at the next meeting.

Dr. Mazel did the lecture in January on the fluorscence of corals and other marine life. There are some amazing colors in our tanks with this light! You will pick out things that you have never seen.

I have been loaning mine out to people who are close to me if anyone wants to try it. Definately worth it.

where does the line start/end? I would love to try them out, but there is a potential problem with a popular item like this. Maybe there should be a random drawing each month (a la the prop workshop) of people who want to use these and have not already had them. I can see a mad rush as soon as the library gets to the meeting (Greg I'm assuming?) to be the first in line for them.

Just a thought.

Or do something similar to what's being done for the club fish trap and mantis trap, people reserve the item on a thread like this in advance of a meeting.

Nuno

maybe it can be passed around in one area each month. A couple of nights is enough to see everything. People could arange to pass it to the next guy if they live close. We could have a thread just for keeping track of it.

Yeah, I would only want it for a coupla days, a month is too much. We need to DIY a few more of these things. :D

Mark Rogers is the official librarian now. I'm not sure the light needs to be associated with the library however. Perhaps whoever aquired it can help 'shepard' it about the club.

Back