New Biocube 32 Experience?

ebattistoni

Non-member
Has anyone set up the new biocube 32 LED? I am looking for recommendations for the set up. I am downgrading to it for a while. Life is too crazy.

1. My plan is to set up the fuge in chamber two- I have chaeto and rock rubble in my current sump to move over. And going to see if I can fit an aquatic life 115 skimmer. But I am not sure if I should do mechanical filtration as well- folks suggest phosgard, charcoal, and purigen. According to online forums the skimmer won't fit in chamber 1. But I am getting conflicting reports- Intank says it will. So I will have to see. I bought the intank fuge basket and plan to remove the stock one.

2. I am going to try black sand for a change all brand new but everything else is original. And use half of my current Water with fresh since I haven't done a wc in a month it's good timing. All of my LR is going in. Should I cycle it or will it be fine? A lot of my rock has nice softies that in prefer not to kill. I would like to do all the moving in one day if possible. My current system has been running for 4 years. 90gal with 40 breeder fuge

3. Lighting and coral acclimation- I plan to keep my two nems, a bunch of mushrooms and zoas to start and technically I have one forest fire digi I would like to keep- but could sell. Keeping it very simple. The current lights are a 6bulb t5. The new system is the stock LEDs. Anything I should be worried about when I move them over?? (They will likely get an upgrade in a year, bc let's be real, once you are in the hobby, you are always upgrading something.

LED Lighting Specifications*
PAR 53
Peak PAR 81
LUX 2200
Peak LUX 3430

*Below Average output at 12-inches
Features and Benefits:

Sleek modern hood with vibrant LED Lighting
Bright White LEDs for daytime
Sparkling Blue Moon Glows for nighttime
Color Enhancing LEDs for maximum beauty
Integrated 24-hour timer with three independent channels
Automatic 30 minute sunrise/sunset and 60 minute moonrise/moonset functions

Thanks all! Happy feeding!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you can keep softies and lps in them but sps might be iffy. Your current lights are stronger than the stock leds.
I have the 29 and run the 115 modified with sure grip magnets.

Just saw this thread.
Unfortunately the stock led light is not capable to grow or sustain SPS. The peak par 81 as they claimed is most likely measured in air at the center of the light. You can expect much less par under water as water surface reflects about 40% of light If I remember correctly.
Also the stock light has poor color rendition at least for my eyes. Sorry I have to say the stock light is good for fish only or some mushroom.

Thanks Dong, that's what I was expecting. It was on sale :)

My other option is go hoodless and use my maxspect razor nano. It's 60 watts. That should be enough to keep everyone happy?

Last edited:
Back