New calcium reactor

Again, you don’t want to use the carx to change the levels of your tank. You want to use it to stabilize these levels and offset the consumption of the corals.

I guess you can in theory. But raising your level using reactor means the reactor is outputting more than it should. And dialing it back down while the tank is consuming it might be tricky. Whatever you do, don’t rush a reactor to work. It will.

I’m with nick, try and use two part to get the tank where you want and balanced then use the reactor to hold it. I get what your trying to do but this way you have to find the first level to raise it then dual back to maintain it. Keep it simple

>It's not ideal and I'll replace it with some Two Fishies Reborn <

Yeah, good luck with that. I've been trying to purchase it for many months now. Sold out everywhere. I even sent an email several months ago to TLF to ask whether it was ever coming back. Julian answered and said it would be available in a week or so...that was many months ago.

I've taken to using old coral skeletons. I have a LOT of old coral skeletons as every few years I have to break away the top 1/3 of my tank. I've actually found the skeletons to be working super well. Amazing how efficiently Montipora skeletons break down, I've had to use very low CO2 flow rates. I figure I have enough skeletons to charge my reactor for another year or so. What then? Don't know yet.

FYI, I clean old skeletons by soaking in a bleach water solution for a few weeks, then rinse well and let dry outside in the sun/wind.

>It's not ideal and I'll replace it with some Two Fishies Reborn <

Yeah, good luck with that. I've been trying to purchase it for many months now. Sold out everywhere. I even sent an email several months ago to TLF to ask whether it was ever coming back. Julian answered and said it would be available in a week or so...that was many months ago.

I was afraid of that. :(

Surprise, surprise. At least the "fine" form is available at Marine Depot. At $5/lb it's rather pricey.

Back