New guy here

Gkeegan

BRS Member
How’s it going everyone glad to be able to join the group I can’t wait to see all your set ups and would love any advice and information you have on questions . I currently have a 240 gallon tank that I just upgraded to from a 90 gallon so I have tons of empty space I need to fill aswell as need to upgrade some equipment would love to hear any recommendations on lighting and skimmers.

I dont have a tank that size but I like the Radion + T5 combo for that full balance of light spectrums for the corals.

Skimmers are all very similar. Find one for your size and get an adjustable dc pump to run it and youre set. Honeslty the rollermats are a priority for me for water filtration and clarity. Skimmers all do about the same...pick one in your budget with good reviews and forget about it.

Welcome BTW...happy reefin'

I dont have a tank that size but I like the Radion + T5 combo for that full balance of light spectrums for the corals.

Skimmers are all very similar. Find one for your size and get an adjustable dc pump to run it and youre set. Honeslty the rollermats are a priority for me for water filtration and clarity. Skimmers all do about the same...pick one in your budget with good reviews and forget about it.

Welcome BTW...happy reefin'
I will look into them I just upgraded tank size so most of my equipment is not sufficient enough anymore

Welcome to the club! 240g is a lot of water, it would be awesome if you started a build thread so you can keep track of how the tank progresses. Here’s a link to the forum so you can see some of the other builds on the site and get an idea of what equipment people are using: https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?forums/build-threads.162/
I feel like my setup isn’t on par with everyone’s to do a build thread but I will definitely look at others builds to get an idea of what is and isn’t working for everyone thank you for the link
What corals do you want to keep little bit of everything

Back