New Readings!!!

Nuno, is there any way you can get a pic of the sump from the front?

I just want to see how you have it divided...

Here's a pic of the sump:

sump-baffles-20040923.jpg

The left is where the drain from the tank goes, along with the skimmer; the middle is the return pump compartment; and the right is the refugium.

FWIW, the leftmost "over" baffle is useless, it could be removed (I only figured it out after building it and having it working so it's still there).

Nuno

ok, how much waterflow in your fuge?

this looks like something I could do, so maybe I will just try to use the 20 long I have.

Thanks Alot

This is definitely something anyone can do. Doesn't even require any tools. Just go to any glass shop near you and have them cut the baffles for you. Use Clear GE Silicone I for windows and doors (not for kitchen/bath) available in the Caulk aisle at HD/Lowes.

ok, may sound like a dumb question, but how is the water getting into the fuge?

Would I split the line coming back from the tank?

The drain from the tank is split in two (with a T, plus ball valves), one end goes to the skimmer compartment, another goes to the fuge... so the fuge flow is adjustable. I figure the total flow through the sump is around 600 to 700gph (I'm using a Mag 9, which pumps 900gph @ 3ft, but it's dialed back a bit). The fuge is getting maybe a third of that flow, so around 200gph.

Nuno

Back