New to here, returning to reefs

letoilenw

Non-member
Hey folks,

I'm new here. Its been about 6 years since my last reef tank. Past ones were all small 25 gallon range. This one is large - 170 gallons and deep - long, 2 feet wide a little under 4 feet deep. But it's also new - live rock has been in (uncured) for about 4 weeks. I have a few hermits ans snails in there but that is it for now. Some cool macro algae growing. A few tube worms starting to come out, a few little mushrooms starting to grow and the coraline algae is really taking off.

So yeah, I'm out here in Western Mass (Northfield) but I work in Boston. I've been posting for a while on The Reef Tank but am happy to find a group of locals. Even looking forward to making a meeting in person.

Talk to you folks soon!

Nate

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

You'll need to share some pics.

pictures

IMG_2563.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll add some more later. This was about one week in (three weeks ago.) Its still cycling . . .

Welcome to the BRS!

Looks good so far, that setup has a lot of potential! What are you running for lighting?

lights

I'm running a 48" tek light hood with 8X54w. The lights themselves are
4 -- ATI Blue Plus
2 -- ATI 12000K Aquablue
1 -- GE 6500K Daylight
1 -- UV Lighting 75-25

I've also got 2 Vortech MP40's, a bubblemaster 200 protien skimmer, two 250 watt jager heaters, and two Iwaki 20RLXT's.

Today I added about 4000 copepods. Figured I would seed the system for a while before getting anything else into it.

Nice setup, love the rockwork, Vortech's and a bubblemaster? I know im drooling!

Back