New to SW from RI

tmerf11

Non-member
Hello everyone. I'm still in the planning stages of my first sw tank and was wondering if anyone in RI has had any luck ordering or buying equipment locally. I'm hoping to get a 120 gallon tank (48x24x24) and haven't had a lot of luck finding anything for sale in any of the generic (petco/smart) stores. I've actually seen a few posts for sale in the equipment thread with stuff that might be up my alley so I'll be keeping my eye out there, but was wondering if there was a fish store people have had good luck with ordering reef ready tanks, or even having tanks drilled for them. I'm located in west warwick. Thanks for any replies...

There's a guy out in Worcester My pet world that can get you what your looking for and half the time its below cost he's right off of West Boylston st. next to Halloween outlet also close to Quinsigamond Community Collage Nice guy I forget his name tho.

Thanks for the replies... Worcester is a bit of a hike, but i'm in north providence all the time so I'll have to take a ride by there.

I also use Sea Creatures, and his prices are often very close to the online prices, without the shipping and handling costs. More importantly, John is very knowledgeable and will talk about fish all day if you want to. If he doesn't have what you want, he may be able to help you find it. It's definitely worth checking out.

I also use Sea Creatures, and his prices are often very close to the online prices, without the shipping and handling costs. More importantly, John is very knowledgeable and will talk about fish all day if you want to. If he doesn't have what you want, he may be able to help you find it. It's definitely worth checking out.

Awesome. I'll definitely be paying him a visit.

Welcome to the mental illness. All my equipment was bought locally Sea Creatures and CRA. Check out my 120 thread for ideas or your welcome to stop by.

Ronnie

Instead of sea creatures I would try Water World in Harmony, RI. Where are you in RI? I am here also.

Thanks for all the replies everyone... it's encouraging to know there are a lot of people close by all interested and willing to offer help. I'm taking this pretty slow - my target is the end of the summer to get water in the tank, between now and then I'm trying to learn as much as possible and get all the equipment bought along the way. I also have a bit of construction to do on where the tank will sit, so I have time to shop around. I'll probably hit water world, sea creatures and coral reef and check everything out. I don't get to seekonk much, but I'm sure i can make an excuse to take a ride.

And ronnie... you're build thread is awesome. I'll be happy if my tank is half as colorful as yours... Thanks again everyone.

I also would recommend water world in Harmony dan is great and very helpfull almost all of my equipment is from there not bad on prices

Back