New Toy

Bobbofin

Non-member
Look what showed up at my door today. A Skimz SN123 DC skimmer for my 40 breeder.

Attachments

• skimmer.jpeg
    skimmer.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 256
Pretty funky looking skimmer. Almost looks like an espresso machine.

Good luck with it.

Knob on right controls gate valve. Has air control on top of the silencer. the thing that makes it look weird is the star shape adornment where it transitions to the cone. It has a 1200 DC pump with 8 level control and feed mode. Are not all the DC pumps made in the same factory in China? They all look exactly the same. Cool deal on Bulk Reef on Black Friday, only $169 for a highly rated DC cone skimmer that's rated for up to a 132 gallon tank. Should skim the hell out of a 40 breeder. The Eshopps PSK-75 is going. It is a pretty good skimmer but no cone, bubble plate, gate valve, etc. Gonna clean it up and put it on eBay.

This skimmer is a beast for only being $199, DC pump and good up to 132 gallons. After breaking in and a few weeks of tweaking pump speed, air and gate valve getting dark brown gunk with chunks out of this thing.

Nice skimmer, to bad I was on an airplane on black Friday!

Bulk reef with back it very well too . keep an eye on it I almost went with a skimz but didn't know enough about them to pull the trigger and actually spent more

I was just looking at this skimmer for my tank can you take a video of it. It looks so shinny lol

Are you gunna soak it in vinegar over night to jump start it's break in time.

I was just looking at this skimmer for my tank can you take a video of it. It looks so shinny lol

Are you gunna soak it in vinegar over night to jump start it's break in time.

I did soak it in vinegar and ran it for a day when I got it on 12/3. With the air, gate valve and speed level to tune was a week or so of trial and error. Got speed set at 6 of 8, air closed all the way then 1-1/4 turns until you get small bubbles and gate valve adjusted the bubble line after feed mode is 1/4" up the tube inside the cup.

The DC pump started to make a screeching noise the first week I had about five times. I took it apart or turned it off and on and it hasn't made a peep in two weeks so haven't changed it out. Bulk Reef sent me a new pump but forgot to a shipping label to send the old one back like they said they would. I'm not paying return shipping on something I just got. So looks like I have a spare DC1200 skimmer pump.

Ordering mine tomorrow morning I can't wait to get this in.

Back