Newbie setting up 92g corner

pufferfish

Non-member
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and I joined brs just a few months ago. I haven't attended a meeting yet, but look forward in going to the next one and meeting everyone.

I'm setting up a 92g corner reef with sump plumbed into basement. Right now i have the aga tank w/stand and i built a stand in the basement to hold the sump. I also have an old 70 gallon tank that i was going to use as the sump.

I know i have a lot to learn, but for now i'm looking for the best skimmer and where to buy at a reasonable price. I read euro and asm are good skimmers but i don't know which one to get. I am leaning towards euro but i need help with which size and series.

I appreciate the help.

kenny

I have a 92 plumbed into another room and scott merrill has 2 of them...as does bigsmokeshowjoe... probably a few more...many with that tank...all armando as well.. the most difficult thing about that tank is lighting. how do you want to light it, what do you plan to keep.?

i want to keep mostly lps, zoos and a little sps. in regards to lighting i was thinking to purchase 36in fixture from aquatinics.

as clamm sed i have 2 92 coners reefs with sump plumbed into basement 550g total i just got done redoing one over i pulled every thing out and re did it like clamm sed difficult tank to light it needs moor light then most tanke if you ask me on my best looking one i have 1015 wats on it. over kill may be but it looks GRATE!! the outher one has 1\2 that for light thay look grate when done right take a look at my pics as for the sump plumbed into basement is the way to go as for the skimmer asm is the best if you ask me reefdom.com has them at a good price.

Back