Newbie Tank Build

yardy

Non-member
Im currently in the market to get a new camera, (so please bear with the horrible pics :( but still havent decided on which one to get. My budget is $500. Any ideas :confused: Any way here is my first build of my 110 3/4 cylinder. I will definitely post better pics as soon as i get another camera.

Attachments

• UV.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 318
  • Light.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 309
  • SUmp 2.jpg
    SUmp 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Sump 4.jpg
    Sump 4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Sump 3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
MOre pics

Attachments

• Rock.jpg
    Rock.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Tank 3.jpg
    Tank 3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Heater.jpg
    Heater.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 309
Nice start! What are you using for lighting for the tank? Looks like it will be awesome!

Ended up going with Acan lighting 104AC. Ran me a little over $1000 but it was worth it. I'm still trying to learn how to adjust it. I currently have the blues running from 11am-12am, blue & white 12-8pm, blue 8pm-9pm, moonlight on again till the next morning. I have them all running at 100%. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm not sure if i should adjust the percentage.

http://www.acanlighting.com/index.p...ategory_id=13&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Looks great. Cleaning that skimmer cup and filter sock seem like it'll be a pain in the butt with the external pump in the way. Any way you can spin those to the front before starting the system?

Took some better pics with the lights on.

Attachments

• bright.JPG
    bright.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 259
  • front 2.JPG
    front 2.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Blue.JPG
    Blue.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 266
  • acan.JPG
    acan.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 259
  • front 3.JPG
    front 3.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 262
more...

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 261
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 269
  • moon.JPG
    moon.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 261
Its actually not difficult at all, I made sure they were easy to reach before i set everything up. Quick question? my LFS told me not to run the skimmer and UV for about 2 months......... Is he correct?

you will get mixed answers to that. when i have cycled each of my tanks (both short-3 weeks, and long cycled-6 months) i run it just as if it was fully operational. full liughting pattern, full skimmer. i dont run a uv, and i know most do not. i have never heard great things about them on sw tanks. this goin to be a reef tank or fo? looks good. im jut not a fan of curved glass after my experience with bowfronts. looking forward to seeing this in action

Jordan

you will get mixed answers to that. when i have cycled each of my tanks (both short-3 weeks, and long cycled-6 months) i run it just as if it was fully operational. full liughting pattern, full skimmer. i dont run a uv, and i know most do not. i have never heard great things about them on sw tanks. this goin to be a reef tank or fo? looks good. im jut not a fan of curved glass after my experience with bowfronts. looking forward to seeing this in action

Jordan
it will be a reef tank, Ive read many horror stories about issues with the flow in these tanks but I anted something different and Im ready for the challenge :cool:

Back