NextReef reactor with NP Biopellets

Bobbofin

Non-member
I picked up a NextReef MR1 reactor kit from Marine Depot for $89. It includes 4' of hose, clamps, 132gph pump and hang on mount for sumpless use. This thing is a beast. 14" x 4", all CNC machined. I am highly impressed with the build quality right here in the USA. I know it is only 1/3 full but the 8" tall one is only $10 less. It holds a half gallon of media and is rated for a 250 gallon tank.

Attachments

• Reactor.jpg
    Reactor.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,590
Thats a good price for that. The extra space is fine because I read that they need to tumble. Better to have too much room then not enough. Keep us updated how it works. The pellets and the reactor.

Bobbofin,

I am assuming that you got the little EcoOne pump with your NextReef complete set-up. How do you like it with the BioPellets? I ordered the same complete set-up and just got my BioPellets yesterday so I put them in the NextReef reactor today and the pump turned all the way up barely moves the pellets around at all. Is yours the same? I wonder if it needs a slightly bigger pump? Thanks!

Jamison

Looks like the tubing was increased from 1/2" to 5/8" and they took out the sponges...
Sounds like a hike in price for marketing the same unit differently...

Oh, and they made it blue :rolleyes:

Back