Nice additions to your reef tank

Oops, I think I killed it. Try it again...

Attachments

• aphyonus1.jpg
    aphyonus1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 202
  • basketwork_eel1.jpg
    basketwork_eel1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 207
  • blob_fish1.jpg
    blob_fish1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 198
  • chimaera_pup1.jpg
    chimaera_pup1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 185
  • umbrella_mouth_gulper_eel1.jpg
    umbrella_mouth_gulper_eel1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 185
and more....

Attachments

• prickly_shark1.jpg
    prickly_shark1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 181
  • lizard_fish1.jpg
    lizard_fish1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 174
  • crab1.jpg
    crab1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 168
  • coffinfish1.jpg
    coffinfish1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 177
Those are images of fish found in a deep sea study done in either 2003 or 2004. They didn't wash up during the tidal wave. It's the beginning of a new web legend.

Ugly suckas anyway

JustDavidP said:
Those are images of fish found in a deep sea study done in either 2003 or 2004. They didn't wash up during the tidal wave. It's the beginning of a new web legend.

Ugly suckas anyway
Funny how these things start. When I ws looking at them, I was saying to myself "How the heck does a relatively harmless wave over 10,000 ft of water drive these fish hundreds of miles away onshore?"

I have seen many of those same photos before as Dave said they are part of a study of deep sea life, the cutting board gives it away.

Jim

The blob fish has freaky eyes. They look human or almost human or something...I don't know they just freak me out.

It also says the following in the page at the bottom.

"Although they are genuine images of some rather strange deep-sea creatures, these photographs have nothing to do with the Indian Ocean tsunami. They date from mid-2003 and were taken as part of the NORFANZ voyage, a joint Australian-New Zealand research expedition conducted in May-June 2003 to explore deep sea habitats and biodiversity in the Tasman Sea. These photographs can be viewed on Australia's National Oceans Office web site."

So deep sea study is right.

Weird stuff though huh?

Jamie

Back