North Shore NSW collection places

SMS76

Non-member
I like to get back to NSW. I got the inverter and the pump but looking for good location on North Shore that i can collect NSW. Any suggetions on collection places?

Back/Front beaches in Rockport are usually good as there's good parking easy access, and it's just about as far to see as the North Shore gets, so the water SHOULD be better there (in theory) FWIW

Brian, thanks for reply. That sounds like a good place but kind of far from Saugus.

How about NAHANT? Does anyone know any good place to collect from Nahant? It's kind of small island and far from other towns. What do you think?

Shoeib, try the lighthouse in Marblehead. It is in a park right on the rocks...no swimming, fishing, boats, etc. If you want I can show u where it is sometime and help you collect the water.

When I collect I go to Lynn Shore Drive, or the beach on the Marblehead/Swampscott line. At both places there is a concrete platform where you can walk out and dunk your container in - if there is high tide and a calm sea.

I might be interested in seeing these places if folks want to do a group water run. (my truck can carry ~200g water if folks have containers)

Or at least I'd like to see these locations on a map so I can find them. Especially the marblehead locations, those sound the cleanest. I know where the lighthouse park is, but where's the beach on the swampscot line?

I was hoping to make a NSW run myself this weekend with my neighbor.

what is an inverter as mentioned in the orig. post?

It's an electronic device that plugs into your cigarette lighter, and converts 12VDC into 120VAC to run a pump for collecting the water. Just make sure the wattage rating of the inverter exceeds the wattage rating of the pump.

Swim74 said:
what is an inverter as mentioned in the orig. post?

Thanks Nate for answering. I got 400 Watt inverter from costco for $25.00 with one year warranty. Sounds like a good deal if you guys like to check it out.

Chuck Spyropulos said:
Shoeib, try the lighthouse in Marblehead. It is in a park right on the rocks...no swimming, fishing, boats, etc. If you want I can show u where it is sometime and help you collect the water.

Chuck, Thanks for your suggetion. I will check it out. Did you get a chance to collect from there? Can you park your vehicle near or next to shore and get the pump to pump water?

I found on the map the location you suggested. If you guys want to look up you can use 10 lighthouse lane, Marblehead MA address.

Attachments

• mapimage_sm1.gif
    mapimage_sm1.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 190
frugalreef said:
When I collect I go to Lynn Shore Drive, or the beach on the Marblehead/Swampscott line. At both places there is a concrete platform where you can walk out and dunk your container in - if there is high tide and a calm sea.

Do you have address to these locations..just to get an idea to look up on map.

Wow Shoeib, that inverter is a good deal! 400 watts is a pretty big inverter. I'd probably keep your engine running when using it, since car batteries don't deal well with deep cycle discharges.

I might have to look for that inverter.

Just a question..

Do you just use the NSW as is? or do you need to filter it, or check parms or anything ?

Just a thought... what about a BRS cookout/NSW collection on one of the beaches? I know there are places around that have lots of room for it.

NateHanson said:
Wow Shoeib, that inverter is a good deal! 400 watts is a pretty big inverter. I'd probably keep your engine running when using it, since car batteries don't deal well with deep cycle discharges.

I might have to look for that inverter.

Yep, it's a good deal. It comes with two outlets and has displays that will show how much wattage are being used, battery voltage etc... Yes i agree with engine running while using inverter. Please check out Costco if you are interested. I haven't seen it before ( It might have been there before may be i wasn't just looking for it :D ) and it might be once in a while thing.

I'd also be interested in a group NSW trip. I have several buckets and a fairly decent back, and I can help out anyone else that needs it.

Oh yea.. you need membership to purchase this inverter at Costco. If you guys don't have membership then let me know and i can buy it and you can pick from my house ;) ;) ...

Awesome. While I wait thejester to collect the water for me I'll eat the burger that Brian cooked and then Nate will transport the water to my house :D

Back