Octopus........yay or nay?

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
hello all, it's been a while since I've posted. Been out of the game for a while, got back in and then divorce got me out again lol. But I'm getting the itch again. Looking to go in a different direction this time. I've kept them when I managed the store but never at home. What are your thoughts ? And show me pictures if you do or have kept octopus.

I don't have any experience, but I read a lot about them in the past because I considered a species tank. You're gunna need to bolt down the lids and any object in the tank and make sure it has no way to escape or any equipment it can get into. They also don't live very long, I believe like 4-5 years.

Octopus are a thing now in couple groups on face book i see people keeping octopus in a little fish container box inside a full reef .
Very beautifull animal but im not planning on getting one anytime soon .
If you like it try it and post i bet we will learn a lot from it !

Kylers Seafood in New Bedford has a saltwater tank and they used to have a tiny octopus in it. 4-5 years life expectancy in and out of captivity. Escape artists.

I want one damn so next that's on the list for when I get more room reef tank sea horse tank and a freakin octopus or. Cuddlefish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blue ring is beautiful but deadly. It is something to die for, literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i miss these guys, I will have another one soon, species A. aculetus life expectancy 1 year
005.JPG
012 (4).JPG
007 (7).JPG

Back