On Going Phosphate Problem....HELP

i am feeding a pellet every other day and cyclopleeze abour 2-3 times aweek

delta said:
Also step up water changes take a powerhead blow off the LR before you drain off the water. Another thing to examine is your sandbed to see if it is
functioning properly if you cannot bring down the phosphates with media removal.

HTH

what do you mean examine if my sand bed is function properly. I think i have enough flow with the skimmer and the filter plus one power head or do i need another one also?

xrobbx03 said:
what do you mean examine if my sand bed is function properly. I think i have enough flow with the skimmer and the filter plus one power head or do i need another one also?
Does it have dead spots can that you can see, are there areas that have clumped?
But I wouldnt really be worried unless you tried a metal based remove several times and were unable to remove the phosphates.

delta said:
Does it have dead spots can that you can see, are there areas that have clumped?
But I wouldnt really be worried unless you tried a metal based remove several times and were unable to remove the phosphates.

no i dont see any dead spots everything looks nice and fine

Someone said that my carbon could cause phosphates because some of the cheaper grade carbon they sell. I went out today and bout seachems carbon which says that it does not leach carbon back into the tank. I also took out the foam. The LFS i go to only sells phosguard as a phosphate remover but that also states it does not leach back into the system. I think i will try that. Has any had any experience with that?

Stop feeding the cyclopeeze. Your fish will prefer bigger food like mysis. The cyclopeze may be contributing to polution in the tank.

What type of water are you using for top-off and water changes? What's the TDS?

NateHanson said:
Stop feeding the cyclopeeze. Your fish will prefer bigger food like mysis. The cyclopeze may be contributing to polution in the tank.

What type of water are you using for top-off and water changes? What's the TDS?

i spot my flowerpot coral with the cyclopleeze twice a week not the fish themselves they just sort of eat the remnants. I use distilled water for top offs. I tested the water and it reads 0 phosphates. What is TDS?

well i added something called seagel which is a combination of seachems matrix carbon and phosgaurd. The phosphates went down from 1ppm to in between 0.5-1ppm after a day. I going to step up and do 3 10% water changes this week to see if i can get these phosphates out of here.

NateHanson said:
Don't forget that many corals chow cyclopeeze. My corals, snails, and fish seem to CHOW on it.

im not going to stop feeding the cyclopleeze. I only feed that 2x per week adn it gets spot fed to my flowerpot. My fish seem to eat the remnants.

Back