Water going up and down?

charbel1011

BRS Member
Is that normal when i set the with the red knob my water under the emergency pipe. It keeps going up and down to where i set it. I have vectra m2 running at 37%.And im just wondering if thats normal? Like why would the water goes up and down if i set it where i want it. Why is it changing? Like going up and down? My m2 is set to constant speed at 37%.

Only thing I can say without looking at the whole thing is your return pump isn’t flowing continuously. Try increasing the flow rate on the pump and opening the gate valve more

Only thing I can say without looking at the whole thing is your return pump isn’t flowing continuously. Try increasing the flow rate on the pump and opening the gate valve more
It turned out it was my wave makers ripping waves over there lol. When i turned them off i was consistent. Im just having a hard time adjusting my
Pump to the right speed my system is 150 gallons display, and 50 gallons sump. With a water volume of 150. My pump speed is 37% idk if thats even enough speed for my system

How much you can pump through your tank is determined by the overflow. Be really careful with lots of pump that can overpower your overflow's rating. My wife fed the fish once and innocently tossed the food container under the stand. It hit the speed adjustment on an Eflux pump and I got the dreaded call while away for work.....

Moral of the story?...protect your knobs...lol

I realize many pumps don't have variable knob that's at risk, but I swear after a power outage some pumps vary the speed they return to.

This deepens my belief in 2 smaller return pumps so that the primary return is smaller and can't swamp the overflow, and the second return pump is dedicated to UV, reactor, whatevs. Having flow while cleaning or messing with one of the returns is really nice as well.

It turned out it was my wave makers ripping waves over there lol. When i turned them off i was consistent. Im just having a hard time adjusting my
Pump to the right speed my system is 150 gallons display, and 50 gallons sump. With a water volume of 150. My pump speed is 37% idk if thats even enough speed for my system
That’s a easy fix
Don’t put them on pulse mode and try a random mode instead. Also you can move them down a bit.

Your overflow will dictate the max water that can go through it not really the pump but I wouldn’t run it more than 75% of what the overflow can handle.

Pump to the right speed my system is 150 gallons display, and 50 gallons sump. With a water volume of 150. My pump speed is 37% i
That’s a easy fix
Don’t put them on pulse mode and try a random mode instead. Also you can move them down a bit.
Its crazy annoying how no matter how i position those makers. They still get to my emergency. And flow fast its honesty annoying.. i dont know what else to do. Its honesty like waterbox almost dont want u to have any wave makers. U need to see my friends tank with ocean waves going. But like how do u keep the overflow box from getting too much wavess…

Im going to try different modes its on reef crest right bow

Back