Order going in to Fishsupply.com - any additions?

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Normally I'm not too fond of mail order fish, but I've had a hard time finding my Wantanabei angels and have finally located a pair.

I'm placing an order with Fishsupply.com for delivery to the Fed Ex site at the airport Wednesday morning about 9 AM.

If anyone needs anything and is willing to meet at the airport to pick up, or pick up in the evening (assuming your fish can survive that long in the bag cause I'm NOT rebagging) at my house you are welcome to add to the order and save a few $ on shipping. You will need to email (oh, and that means email ;) ) me with what you want, and your phone number, name, etc. I'm in Wakefield. I will need to know of any additions by Tuesday morning.

I've heard good and bad about Fishsupply.com (I read through a lot of threads on RC) so no promises on quality of the fish.

fishsupply.com

Greg--

I have excellent success with livestock at fishsupply.com especially if Jack is still working there. Good luck

I thought my order from fishsupply.com was great also. I got a majestic angel about 4-6mo ago that the woman hand picked for me and assured me on the phone that is was no larger than 3 inches. It has been a great fish so far in my reef.

I know it isn't always the best way to tell how good a place is with their livestock, but sometimes I check out the info they give on hard to keep species...
Ritteri Anemone

Heteractis magnifica

Lighting: Moderate to High- Florescent bulbs, Power Compacts, V.H.O bulbs or Metal Halides are recommended.
Water Flow: Moderate to High.
Placement: Can be placed anywhere in the tank where it can receive good lighting, but anemones move.
Reef Supplements: Thrives with additions of iodine and trace elements.
Ease of Keeping: Moderately difficult.
Special Needs: Alkalinity levels-(2.5meq/l or dKH 7-8) Anemones expand more with the use of trace elements and iodine. Anemones are filter feeders, so filter feeder additives are recommended.True percula, false percula, maroon, skunk and tomato clowns host in this anemone.
I havn't ordered from them or heard anything bad though. Just thought it was funny. At least they didn't have anamones listed in the category "fish" like a lot of shops do.

FWIW, my order can in in good shape. All fish alive and healthy, and eating. The order was delayed by two days however, and they were pretty poor about communicating when it was coming (never did get a tracking number).

Back