Ouch!

Nikkoli110

Non-member
Ouchey! I just reached into my tank, cleaning some of the crap off of my powersweep, and when I picked it off the little bracket, I saw that there was some gunk under where the intake is, and when I went to scrape it off the thing zapped me, and I dropped it. Should I chuck it?

That depends. Do you like getting zapped? :)

I'd chuck it. Stray voltage in your tank isn't good for you or your tank creatures.

Haha yea I guess I should chuck it, trip to the lfs store tomorow!! Damn thing never worked right anyways.

You may want to try a ground probe in your tank. Salt water is extremely conductive and can carry stray electricity and shock you. Your pump may not be the cause. I used to get shocked all the time until I installed the ground probe which is just a titanium conductor with a power cord that connects to a power outlet by the ground plug only. Any stray currents will be attracted to the probe and grounded so that they do not shock you.

Yea i think its more like the power-sweep-when-it-feels-like-it. It just gets too much gunk in it, even with the sponge prefilter thing. I have to clean it constantly, and it always stops moving. I think I'm going to try that hydor flo one next. :rolleyes:

Back