Overwhelmed with palies and yellow polyps

JoelA

Returning Reefer
like the title says, and what do people do? The palies are light blue and now hitting a monty. The yellow polyps are nearly covering my sand bed. Looks great and super healthy. Ideas?

I have not tried this but if they are close to other corals I was told you can use Aptasia-X on the ones you want to remove. that or as dz6t said frag and sell them.

Similar to the Aptasia-X, I keep mine in control by injecting a small amount of Kalk into the mouth. As many of the paly's are connected, injecting one usually will kill several.

I was, and sort of still in the same boat. What I ended up doing was pull the rocks out one at a time, and just carved them off, threw them in a zip lock bag, and threw away. Takes time/patience but it has worked out well.

Typically I try to isolate my zoas/palys away from my sps/lps and keep them grouped with other fast growing softies.
I have a few large colonies right now that seem to be at war with my mushrooms.
Which is actually great news because I've never seen my mushrooms as big an healthy as they are now trying to block out the invading zoas.

Back