Permanent discount @ Bulkreefsupply.com

As of Thursday, when I last spoke to Andrew, the 9th was still open. Considering people can jump in during the week, we can likely start the group buy this Tuesday and new people can just jump in if they want.

For the GFO and carbon, why doesn't everyone post how much they want (in lbs) and we can determine what size to get and if it really is worth it. Remember that the high capacity GFO doesn't requires as much to use. If we each only save $10-20 and we have to drive to pick it up or pay to ship it, we might just want to order separately.

If you read the email above it explains what to do. I am going to need the names of all the members participating to give to Andrew, not sure if he means full name or account name on bulkreefsupply.

Alright I posted something about this in Reef Talk to see if I can get more people to notice. Hopefully I won't get yelled at for using the wrong forum.

We need at least 10 people to order something individually so if you just want GFO or carbon then that's fine, but it doesn't count towards the 10 people involved in the order.

I'm in for some GFO also, could always use some more, great place and great price. Already done business with them in the past...........

Do you know how many people you are up to?

I know a bunch of people want the carbon and GFO but do we have enough that will individually order to get 10.

I am going to place a seperate order.

John

I'm dumb.

Didn't think of it until now but if you don't order something yourself you don't get the permanent discount on your account.

Perhaps we should just all order our GFO and such on our own.

I would like to hear people's comments on this.

I am still in and am pretty open to however we do it, I do need carbon asap though

yep i was planning on getting some gfo and other stuff. Individual would probably be best for me. Do I just place my order on their site now? Or do we wait until the 9th then place it?:confused:

I am in for some GFO and maybe a reactor....I'll be placing a separate order so that I don't have to spend the time and gas to pick it up somewhere.

ZReef, I think that is what they intend us to do pretty much. The email you posted makes it sound like everyone places their order for whatever they need, we get any quantity discounts we qualify for based on the total amounts of everything, then everyone gets their stuff shipped to them individually. To me it seems to make things as easy as possible. Just have to wait until Tuesday, we get them the list of participating members and they email us codes etc. so we can place the orders....

yep i was planning on getting some gfo and other stuff. Individual would probably be best for me. Do I just place my order on their site now? Or do we wait until the 9th then place it?:confused:

Good question, I am making this bold so everyone notices. Everyone has to make an account with them as soon as possible on their website but do not order yet and I will need the names of everyone participating in this. You can pm or post your name and I will give the names of everyone participating to them and they will update the accounts for the group buy. The group buy will hopefully start on this Tuesday, the 9th, but I haven't gotten that confirmed yet.

The email I quoted on the first page explains things well. Take a look.

ZReef, I think that is what they intend us to do pretty much. The email you posted makes it sound like everyone places their order for whatever they need, we get any quantity discounts we qualify for based on the total amounts of everything, then everyone gets their stuff shipped to them individually. To me it seems to make things as easy as possible. Just have to wait until Tuesday, we get them the list of participating members and they email us codes etc. so we can place the orders....

You pretty much got it. Everything is set up for everyone to order individually. However, everyone automatically gets the highest quantity discount bracket. My reason for wanting to do a single bulk buy on GFO or carbon was to save additional money but it is complicated and we wouldn't save all that much.

Last edited:
So why doesn't everyone establish and account now and pm you with the info (Won't cost you anything). You can then keep a list of the accounts to make sure we have 10. Once you confirm we can place our orders.

John

So why doesn't everyone establish and account now and pm you with the info (Won't cost you anything). You can then keep a list of the accounts to make sure we have 10. Once you confirm we can place our orders.

John

Yup, some people have already sent me info by pm. I will send out a pm to people who I have not heard from. Tomorrow I should hear from Andrew if this Tuesday is still available.

Once Andrew gets the names, he updates the accounts, and then sends emails out letting you know you can order.

Ok, I heard back from Andrew.

The group buy will start this Tuesday, September 9th.

I need to give him a list of participants so please send me a pm with your full name and the email address you used to create your account on bulkreefsupply.com.

You should receive an email directly from bulkreefsupply informing you that you can start buying tomorrow.

From tues how long do we have to place the order? Just making sure....Most likeley will put the order in tues jsut to be safe.

From tues how long do we have to place the order? Just making sure....Most likeley will put the order in tues jsut to be safe.

According to their website, they change all the accounts to preferred customer on the following Monday so I imagine you can order all week.

Alright I received an email from Andrew about the Group Buy.

If you did not receive an email from Andrew or if you want to sign up and you missed the initial list, please pm me

Back