Petco

vinny

BRS Member
I went in last night to buy some salt (for my 10gl) and you have to walk by the tanks they looked empty,hard to tell with the caked on green and slime alge on the glass so one of the workers started to clean the glass i think just because i stoped to look in and questioned the alge (light brown stringy with bubbles).Their answer it's fine, but the way he was cleaning the glass with a paper towel so i reached over grabed a scrub brush off the rack and told him this might work a little better.When he cleaned out one of the tanks i saw 3 2-3 inch derasa clams,but i had to walk away they make it easy to fight off temptation.

Not another petco post,lol Why do people continue to shop there? Every time you hear the horror stories but yet people keep spending there money there. Go figure.

mopecula said:
Not another petco post,lol Why do people continue to shop there? Every time you hear the horror stories but yet people keep spending there money there. Go figure.
Because the closest mom and pop to me dosn't carry my salt and any salt that they do carry is double is price and when you walk in they just staire at you and at that time thay were already closed.Petco is my last resort believe me i would love to live closer to NH.

Richard said:
Because they are convenient,they'er like the McDonald of the pet industries.
BINGO! McDonalds is aweful for you and your kids but you still go because it is convinient. Same with Petco...They always have the food I need for my dog. They suck at fish, but they feed my dog...

lmao you hit the needle on the head
Post edited. I'll send you a PM to clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeO said:
And they fish last in your tank!!

I admit, every fish in my tank is from Petco..

I bought a bunch of mixed damsels to cycle with and never went much further with fish, 2 ocellaris, a neon dotty, and a fire fish, all happy healthy.

Mostly I'm cheap, and ther eis a guy at my local petco that is real nice.

Post edited. I removed a previous post that you quoted. This thread is about Petco experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't eat at mcdonalds and i don't buy fish from petco. both are risky business ventures and i would not want to support either. i am not bashing those who do, just a personal preference. i have also only been to one petco, the one in cambridge. they do have decent prices on cat toys, but the cat food and cat litter are a little pricey.

Yeah, my GB female maroon clown is actually from petco. That was 2+ years ago. It's an a** kicking fish!

Back