PH

hai nguyen

Non-member
So Iam new to this awesome hoppy thanks for all the helps and still learning ...
Hi do I lower my ph in my tank?
Thank you

I agree that you should test the accuracy of that probe.

Did you recently calibrate it with 7 and 10 solution?

White vinegar can be used in a controlled manner to drop pH but I don't recommend that for you until you get to the bottom of whether your probe is functioning properly or not.

If you bought the probe used, it may need to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's used and I think it off too because the readin is really high but when I bring the water to the local fish store they test say was fine

Where is your tank now?? on the first floor or in the basement? Is your house really airtight when you closed all the door?
The reason I am asking all those questions is that if your tank is in the basement or your house is airtight, then you might worry about low PH due to the lack of fresh air. If you are dosing Kalk, then you might worry about high PH. If you are running a Calcium Reactor, then you will need to worry about PH. Other than that, most people don't need to know where their PH is or care about it because in a normal situation, your PH will stabilize around 8 +/-. Your PH will move up and down depending on the time of the day and how much oxygen/Carbon is in the house. If you are going to keep corals, worry about Alk, that's the most important thing to keep an eye on.

Okay sure thanks I was noticed if the window closed then the ph went up

It would make more sense for the PH to rise when the windows are open as you drive fresh air in which contains less CO2. Typically when the windows are shut and especially in a confined space with people breathing the PH will drop.

Back