Picasso clown

yukyuklee

Free.99
I have a jumper guys... lol yesterday 1 of my picasso's jumped and somehow managed to jump in the back chamber of my solana luckily it didn't get caught into my skimmer's pump... Took me 3hours to fish him out of there last night.. couple mins ago I was looking into the tank and 1 of my clowns was missing (the same one that jumped last night) I searched the rear chamber and he wasn't there then checked the floor to find him covered in dust!!! I touched him and he began to move so I quickly tossed him back into the tank! and everything seems to be good he's still swimming... Now I covered the tank with screening and covered any type of holes or places he can jump.. I'm just glad he\she was still alive. I don't know how many lives this guy will have if he keeps doing this, I even lowered my vortech pump which might be causing him to jump so much :eek:

Does anyone know where I can buy some mesh screens besides using the screening for windows? Or if anyone has some I can buy off of that's close by

Last edited:
home depot in the lawn and garden bird netting i have a hole thing of it but im realy far from you

Also have a 6line wrase in the tank but it doesn't bother my clowns from what I have seen... Maybe its time to get a trap for this sucker and try to catch it out of here... Also just turned my vortech to the lowest setting on reef crest. These clowns are probably too small to be able to handle the power of this pump (Clowns are at 1inch).

home depot in the lawn and garden bird netting i have a hole thing of it but im realy far from you

I'll check it out tomorrow... I was looking for something like that at homedepot but couple stores in my area don't carry it.

Last edited:
the cra stuff is the best I have seen around lee. The holes are small and it is clear and thin like fishing line. It doesn't block the light any either. Definately gotta protect those little guys! Maybe once they have been in there for a little while they will get comfortable. I'm thinking of getting rid of my sixline too. I think he took out my new solar wrasse haven't seen it in two days :(

Glad to hear that you saved the little guy.

I had 2 fish jump out of my tank, but neither one was that expensive.

Good luck with the covering.

BTW. I bought the netting from the guy on Feef2Reef, its nice stuff even though i have not made a top for my tank yet.

John

Hey Lee,
PM or post the dimensions you need. I am doing my top tonight and may have enough of the clear nylon mesh stuff to give you some.

Back